Sunday, January 30, 2011

Long time gone

It's not that I'm not out taking pictures, just that I don't get around to posting them here or talking about them.  
We are having a spell of January warmth, and I felt inspired to drive into the mountains (well, maybe really big hills) to check out some waterfalls I'd read about.  One of them is on private land, and though the word was that the owners are fine with people coming to look, it was very, very difficult to find anyone who gave directions for finding it.   I thought I had some general directions, only to find more specific (and different) ones last night.
Scraps of directions in hand, the dog in the backseat and my camera ready we set out on our quest.

Some very luck family owns this waterfall in North Carolina. 

 My directions were good enough to get me there, and it was worth all the time and trouble.  Though the temperature in Greenville got close to 70 today, up at this waterfall there is still a lot of snow and ice.   I didn't explore as much as I would have if there had been less chance of slipping on icy rock.  I managed to break my tripod on a rock, and that was enough damage for one trip.

I will not publish this location, but if you want it, write to me and I'll pass it on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment