Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wrong tag


If I'd been paying close attention, I would have discovered that I had reversed the tags on the photos I submitted to the last juried show. So, the one I posted of the single flower may be a nice photo, but it was not the one that was selected.

This turns out to be good because I like the other one better and could not understand why it didn't make the jury cut.

So, this is a photo of the reflection in the window of an antique store in Athens, Ga one winter morning. There was a mirror in the window and other glass objects. I love how the window and the mirror reflect the building across the street! You may notice the the two pictures that have been accepted into the juried shows are both reflections.....I see a pattern here!

The only adjustments were slight ones to the lighting and saturation of the sky.

This is what I love about photography...it teaches you to look more closely at things and what you are actually seeing. I could have just walked down the street and taken a cursory glance at the antiques in the window, but by really looking, I saw more. With a camera attached, I could grab the image and keep it.

No comments:

Post a Comment