Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The pain and fun of art



As you know, we love finding everyday art and capturing it to share. Sometimes this can be painful. We've missed the poison ivy so far this year, but fire ants, ticks and a lot of scrapes and cuts is about par for a weekend. I HATE ticks!


Last weekend we went to Watson Mill Bridge State Park outside of Colbert (as in Steven) and took some wonderful pictures of the covered bridge and a strangly colored heron. Upon leaving the park we found a herd of cows milling along a fence near the road. As usual, I had to try to get a picture. Sometimes cows run when they see a camera, but these were publicity-hungry cows who wanted their pictures taken. I waded into the waist high grass along the fence to try to get another good cow picture. "Blackberry" claimed the front, but soon 10 or 12 cows were trying to get into the picture and pushing and shoving. The longer I shot pictures, the more cows tried to be included. This is just one of the many of the crowd and one of Blackberry who was the champ.

However, on the way back to town I started to ITCH. Deep, intense, can't make it stop kind of itch on my stomach. I couldn't see anything there, but it was completely distracting and made me wonder what might be crawling on me. As soon as we got home I put Tea Tree Oil on the itch and it stopped immediately. The next day it started again but the oil again stopped it. It was quiet on Monday but Tues a.m. it was back and now I could see a series of bites...yuck. I have no idea what got me. I do have to wonder what creature/plant we will encounter next and when I will learn my lesson.

1 comment:

  1. It was so nice to meet and talk with you at the Crepe Myrtle Festival today. Your work is very nice! Hope to run into you again sometime at another festival.

    Russell (Mosaic Memories)

    P.S.>Having grown up in Madison County and even married at a church in Colbert, I can tell you it's actually pronounced "Call-bert". Most people try to pronounce it "Cole-bert". :)

    ReplyDelete